iPhone Operating System
iOS (formerly iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. exclusively for its hardware. It is the operating system that presently powers many of the company’s mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. It is the second most popular mobile operating system globally after Android.
This course will introduce you to iOS app development in Swift, a new programming language from Apple, and serves as your launching point into the iOS Developer Nanodegree.
Introduction to Swift and Xcode: the tools of iOS
- Take a tour of Xcode, Apple’s integrated development environment.
- Get to know the Model View Controller, or MVC, design pattern
iOS App Structure: AutoLayout and Buttons
- Learn Storyboard and AutoLayout, the tools used to build user interfaces in iOS.
- Start developing the Pitch Perfect App and creating the UI.
- Use Autolayout constraints to control the placement of UIButtons and UILabels on the screen.
Using ViewControllers to build an app with Multiple Views
- The UIViewController class, View Controller Lifecycle, and Multiple Views.
- Learn how to react to touch events and change the user interface.
- Add a second screen to your app using a UINavigationController.
How to record audio and use the Delegation Design Pattern
- Learn about the AVFoundation class, AVAudioRecorder.
- Setup audio recording in the Pitch Perfect App.
- Practice using the Delegation pattern and implement programmatic segues.
Playback Sound and Add Sound Effects
- Setup audio playback including rate, pitch, echo, and reverb.
- Use UIStackViews to create an elegant layout for your app’s UIButtons.
- Use class extensions to add functionality to your app.